FocalPlane turns one today, Thursday 1 July 2021, and we would like to celebrate it with you all by organising a new image competition.
Submit your favourite images acquired using any microscopy modality. All the images submitted will be featured on FocalPlane and will be voted on by the community. The image with the most votes will be featured on the 1 October cover of Journal of Cell Science (JCS).
- Email your image to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Image Competition’ in the subject line.
- You can submit up to three images.
- In the email, include a description of the image and imaging modality used to acquire the image or software used to reconstruct or analyse it.
- There is no theme and no restriction content-wise; it can be a raw, reconstructed, filtered or analysed image of any type of sample.
- Deadline for image submission is Saturday 31 July 2021.
- The JCS cover guidelines on dimensions require a high-resolution file 23cm width by 24cm height, some cropping might occur in adapting the winning image.
- Submitted images should not have already been published elsewhere unless under a CC-BY license.