Our featured image shows the developing dorsal root ganglia of an E12.5 mouse embryo from Simon Desiderio. A whole-mount immunostaining was performed with a Peripherin antibody to label sensory neurons within the ganglia as well as their projections to the spinal cord that constitute these “dorsal roots”. The embryo has been cleared using the SeeDB method to allow visualization of the ganglia. The sample was acquired on a LSM710 confocal microscope and this final image represents a maximum intensity projection which has been depth color-coded.
The copyright for all the images in our gallery remain with the author unless otherwise stated. Please contact the author if you would like to use an image for any purpose.
Recent gallery additions
Post an image
Log in or sign up to post an image to the FocalPlane gallery.
- Confocal microscopyApply
- Spinning disc micros..copyApply
- Super-resolution mic..roscopyApply
- Single plane illumin..ation microscopy (SPIM / Light sheet)Apply
- Total internal refle..ction fluorescence (TIRF) microscopyApply
- Electron microscopyApply
- Multi-photon microsc..opyApply
- Label-free microscop..yApply
- Genetic probesApply
- Optical manipulationApply
- Functional imagingApply