Welcome to FocalPlane
FocalPlane is a community site for anyone who uses microscopy in their research. It is a place where you can interact with a global community of imaging scientists, engineers, chemists, and bioimage analysts.
Create an account to share your story or to stay up-to-date with the latest news.
Posted by FocalPlane, on 23 February 2024Here is a curated selection of preprints posted recently on new tools and techniques in imaging. Let us know if we are missing any preprints that are on your reading list.
Posted by FocalPlane, on 22 February 2024We are excited to announce a new series of FocalPlane features… webinars. Our first webinar, on 7 March at 15:00 GMT (10:00 PET) focusses on outreach projects using microscopy, with talks from Paola Moreno-Roman, Alexander Strachan and Martin Jones.
Posted by FocalPlane, on 20 February 2024In our ‘Imaging with…’ blog post, we meet the staff of IMAG’IC, the photonic imaging core-facility of Institut Cochin, Paris, France.
Posted by FocalPlane, on 16 February 2024Our featured image, acquired by Rossana Melo, shows a human eosinophil isolated from the peripheral blood using a negative immunomagnetic selection method and prepared for transmission electron microscopy (TEM). The image was acquired with a Tecnai G2 Spirit Bio Twin ThermoFisher Scientific (former FEI) electron microscope.
Questions about FocalPlane?
Neuromuscular junctions – Rebecca Simkins
Mitochondria and microtubules – Till Stephan
Mammary gland organoid – Oona Paavolainen
Dopaminergic neuron – Nick Gatford
CLEM HeLa cell – Marie-Charlotte Domart, Chris Peddie
Most read on FocalPlane
Become a sponsor
Are you interested in becoming a sponsor for FocalPlane?
Our sister sites
The community site for
Microscopy-related articles from our journals
- Efficient and rapid fluorescent protein knock-in with universal donors in mouse embryonic stem cells Development 2023 150: dev201367
- Direct fluorescent labeling of NF186 and NaV1.6 in living primary neurons using bioorthogonal click chemistry J Cell Sci 2023 136: jcs260600
- An automated microscopy workflow to study Shigella–neutrophil interactions and antibiotic efficacy in vivo Disease Models & Mechanisms 2023 16: dmm049908
- Confocal microscopyApply
- Spinning disc micros..copyApply
- Super-resolution mic..roscopyApply
- Single plane illumin..ation microscopy (SPIM / Light sheet)Apply
- Total internal refle..ction fluorescence (TIRF) microscopyApply
- Electron microscopyApply
- Multi-photon microsc..opyApply
- Label-free microscop..yApply
- Genetic probesApply
- Optical manipulationApply
- Functional imagingApply