Institute for Diabetes and Cancer
Obesity and diabetes have become epidemic over the last 20 years. Although lots of knowledge has been collected regarding the pathogenesis of these diseases, the intracellular regulatory mechanisms are still not resolved. The group of Anja Zeigerer, located at the Institute for Diabetes and Cancer, investigates the role of membrane trafficking in metabolic homeostasis. The lab is seeking to the next possible time point a highly motivated Postdoctoral candidate (m/f/d) to investigate the function of a Rab GTPase in mitochondrial fission and protein secretion during the fasting/feeding transition in the liver. This project is part of collaborative effort with the Munich Cluster of Systems Neurology headed by Prof. Christian Behrends (https://behrendslab.com) at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University (LMU) Munich.
• Planning and realization of experimental studies in the areas of cell biology and membrane trafficking with connection to liver physiology of fasting and feeding
• Biochemical, cell biological and immunofluorescence analysis of cell and tissue samples
• Primary cell culture of murine and human hepatocytes and analysis of tissues from different mouse models to investigate their contribution to the fasting/feeding switch
• “Omics” data analysis, graphical documentation and evaluation for conferences, scientific publications and reports
• PhD or equivalent level of professional qualification in biochemistry or cell biology
• Strong theoretical and practical background on intracellular membrane trafficking required
• Experience with complex methods in molecular biology and biochemistry
• Knowledge in hepatocellular metabolism and physiology are a plus
• Experience in primary cell culture, imaging and mouse work
• High motivation, flexibility as well as innovate and creative thinking are a must
• A strong academic record, international experience and proficiency in English are required
• Working in an innovative, well-equipped and scientifically stimulating environment
• Further training opportunities
• Initial employment contract for three years with a standard public salary (TV-L E13 100%)
The Helmholtz Zentrum München as holder of the Bavarian Advancement of Women Prize and of the Total E-Quality Certificate is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply.
Please submit your application including a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of your certificates as well as at least two letters of recommendation preferably per email to PD Dr. Anja Zeigerer (anja.zeigerer [-at-] helmholtz-muenchen.de)
The Zeigerer lab maintains several local and international collaborations including the ITN EndoConnect network.