APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 10 July 2021
We are looking for a Bioimage Analyst and/or Research Software Engineer to add to our creative and interdisciplinary research teams at the Human Technopole (HT) in Milan, Italy.
The position to be filled will be part of HT’s image analysis facility. The facility will be offering bleeding-edge image analysis services to researchers within HT, but is equally dedicated to support the wider science landscape in Italy and beyond. Our service portfolio includes technical consultation with users, building and deploying suitable analysis pipelines, quality control, publishing support, visualization and rendering services, as well as the development and maintenance of open-source software tools. Next to image analysis and software development, we also envision a strong focus on teaching, aiming at enabling our users to perform most of their required analyses by themselves.
The work in the image analysis facility will be tightly coupled to the computer vision and AI research conducted in the Jug Lab at HT. The Jug Lab is developing novel methods and algorithms for a broad array of image-based biomedical research.
We seek an open-minded and motivated personality with some degree of experience analysing histopathology images. You will help us further our service portfolio and software landscape for bio-image analysis. The offered job naturally comes with the opportunity to visit other members of the community of Bioimage Analysts around the world and will bring you in touch with the latest algorithms, software tools, but also microscopy hardware and technology.
- M.Sc. degree or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Biology, or other relevant area.
- Experience analysing H&E histopathological and Immunohistochemistry images in cancer or other disease.
- We expect some experience with at least one established analysis software (eg. QuPath, Visiopharm, Fiji, ilastik, Cell Profiler, Napari, Imaris, Arivis, etc.).
- Good programming skills are desirable, ideally in languages such as Java, Python and/or C/C++.
- Prior exposure to tools such as git, Github, Jenkins or Travis, automated test suits, etc. are a plus.
- Ability to work self-motivated and goal oriented, with a special focus on clear activity planning and efficient communication with colleagues and ‘costumers’.
- Keen interest in finding suitable solutions for our users while working in a young and friendly team.
- Interest in contributing to teaching event in-house and occasionally at international events.
Application and Contact
For any inquiries regarding this position, feel free to contact Dr. Florian Jug ( firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications should be written in English and include a short motivation letter, a CV, and at least 2 contacts for recommendation letters. In case you have/had any involvement in opensource projects, please provide links to your contributions.
HT offers a highly collaborative, international culture to foster top quality, interdisciplinary research by promoting a vibrant environment consisting of independent research groups with access to outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and core facilities.
HT is an inclusive employer that fosters diversity and engages systematically to ensure that equal employment opportunities are provided without regard to age, race, creed, religion, sex, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin or any other legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable laws.
HT is offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to a leading, internationally competitive, research organization that promotes a collegial and open atmosphere. The compensation package granted will be internationally competitive and comprise pension scheme, medical and other social benefits and support for relocation and installation.