R&D Laser Technician
Posted by Rodrigo Aviles, on 26 January 2023
FYLA LASER, a leading company in the field of supercontinuum and ultrafast fiber lasers is seeking a Laser Technician to join our R&D team in High Power Fiber Lasers.
- Assist in the research and development of rare earth fiber laser oscillators, amplifiers, pulse-pickers, compressors, and other optical fiber components and subsystems.
- Conduct experimental setups for laser characterizations in both, free-space and optical fiber.
- Assist in the planification and management of electronics/photonics interface of serial and new versions of FYLA lasers.
Qualification, Knowledge, and Experience
- Degree in Physics, Telecom Engineering, Optical Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of laboratory instrumentation.
- Master in photonics or lasers is a plus.
- Previous work in a fiber optics laboratory or in a high-power laser laboratory is a plus.
- Experience in optical fiber manufacturing, designing, splicing, and standard characterization is a plus.
- Knowledge of Labview, Mathlab, C++, Fortran and other lab and simulation software is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Personal skills and attributes
- Dynamic person with a demonstrated capacity for teamwork.
- Passion for lasers and photonics.
- Enthusiastic attitude for a well-done job and customer satisfaction.
- Proactive, flexible, and problem-solving attitude.
- The successful applicant will join the R&D Department of a young and dynamic company, with international projection.
- An enriching environment with excellent opportunities for career development.
- Collaboration with global leading scientific and industrial labs in the field of ultrafast fiber lasers and applications.
- Full-time occupation.
- Competitive salary, negotiable according to experience and proven aptitudes.
- Starting date: immediate.
- Duration: permanent.
Please submit your application by email, including CV and letter of interest, to Dr. Sergio Rota. Srota@fyla.com. List of references is appreciated. Please indicate subject: FYLA Laser Technician.