Here is a selection of interesting news, publications and discussions related to microscopy that happened in the last two weeks on Twitter and beyond.
- New deep learning tool for automated detection of membrane proteins in Cryo-ET https://twitter.com/LorenzLamm/status/1499663187385499650
- New tool exploiting feature-based classifiers for domain adaptation in semantic segmentation https://twitter.com/ilastik_team/status/1501089028476706818
- A new toolbox for user-friendly image processing https://twitter.com/biovoxxel/status/1500867114948648962
- The new Imaris version (9.9) came out and it features Labkit, a labeling and segmentation toolkit for big image data (developed by the Jug lab) https://twitter.com/florianjug/status/1503736874925719553
How to videos
- Training video by The Crick on how vCLEM works in practice https://twitter.com/EM_STP/status/1504117884045438977
- From live-cell imaging to EM within a day https://twitter.com/CryoCapCell/status/1504066646230581253
- How to measure a block on an ultramicrotome without a knife https://twitter.com/MattRGR/status/1503437006436765700
News and interesting reads:
- Launch of the FocalPlane Network!
- Expansion microscopy in yeast with detailed protocol https://twitter.com/ArtemisKorovesi/status/1501933210128683009
- Combined mapping of protein localization and interactions https://twitter.com/LeonettiManuel/status/1502093077007114241
- Super-resolution light-sheet microscopy of dynamic intracellular structures, with author video https://twitter.com/pengfei16/status/1502616976442929155
- Thought of the week: The conundrum of open source software https://twitter.com/haesleinhuepf/status/1500485507314237446
- Start of a new interview series on FocalPlane, by Mariana De Niz, featuring Latin American microscopists https://twitter.com/mariana_deniz/status/1503747205945073670
- An SEM colouring book! https://twitter.com/V_Saggiomo/status/1500127093979590658
- Cool hand-built microscope, including mobile phones and AI to help diagnose disease caused by parasites https://twitter.com/OllieHigginsSci/status/1499703311989157896
Scientists at work
- Reuse, recycle, reduce https://twitter.com/SchaubSebastien/status/1501168681715486720
Some upcoming events you shouldn’t miss
- Webinar organised by Interherence https://twitter.com/interherence/status/1504737660849594368
- Joint online event on Minflux microscopy and Light-sheet microscopy https://twitter.com/GerBI_GMB/status/1504037525614170113
We hope you find this post interesting. Please let us know if you think we should include other topics or discussion platforms.