Posted by FocalPlane, on 19 March 2022
Here is a selection of interesting news, publications and discussions related to microscopy that happened in the last two weeks on Twitter and beyond.
- New deep learning tool for automated detection of membrane proteins in Cryo-ET https://twitter.com/LorenzLamm/status/1499663187385499650
- New tool exploiting feature-based classifiers for domain adaptation in semantic segmentation https://twitter.com/ilastik_team/status/1501089028476706818
- A new toolbox for user-friendly image processing https://twitter.com/biovoxxel/status/1500867114948648962
- The new Imaris version (9.9) came out and it features Labkit, a labeling and segmentation toolkit for big image data (developed by the Jug lab) https://twitter.com/florianjug/status/1503736874925719553
How to videos
- Training video by The Crick on how vCLEM works in practice https://twitter.com/EM_STP/status/1504117884045438977
- From live-cell imaging to EM within a day https://twitter.com/CryoCapCell/status/1504066646230581253
- How to measure a block on an ultramicrotome without a knife https://twitter.com/MattRGR/status/1503437006436765700
News and interesting reads:
- Launch of the FocalPlane Network!
- Expansion microscopy in yeast with detailed protocol https://twitter.com/ArtemisKorovesi/status/1501933210128683009
- Combined mapping of protein localization and interactions https://twitter.com/LeonettiManuel/status/1502093077007114241
- Super-resolution light-sheet microscopy of dynamic intracellular structures, with author video https://twitter.com/pengfei16/status/1502616976442929155
- Thought of the week: The conundrum of open source software https://twitter.com/haesleinhuepf/status/1500485507314237446
- Start of a new interview series on FocalPlane, by Mariana De Niz, featuring Latin American microscopists https://twitter.com/mariana_deniz/status/1503747205945073670
- An SEM colouring book! https://twitter.com/V_Saggiomo/status/1500127093979590658
- Cool hand-built microscope, including mobile phones and AI to help diagnose disease caused by parasites https://twitter.com/OllieHigginsSci/status/1499703311989157896
Scientists at work
- Reuse, recycle, reduce https://twitter.com/SchaubSebastien/status/1501168681715486720
Some upcoming events you shouldn’t miss
- Webinar organised by Interherence https://twitter.com/interherence/status/1504737660849594368
- Joint online event on Minflux microscopy and Light-sheet microscopy https://twitter.com/GerBI_GMB/status/1504037525614170113
We hope you find this post interesting. Please let us know if you think we should include other topics or discussion platforms.
If you would like to contribute to these news digest posts, contact us or join our Slack workspace.