We are celebrating our upcoming third birthday by launching our 2023 image competition! We’d love to take this opportunity brighten up our homepage and add to our spectacular image gallery.
Submit your favourite images acquired using any microscopy modality. All the images submitted will be featured on FocalPlane. The shortlisted image with the most votes will be featured on the cover of Journal of Cell Science (JCS), as well as winning £100.
- Email your image to email@example.com with ‘Image Competition’ in the subject line.
- You can submit up to three images.
- In the email, include a description of the image and imaging modality used to acquire the image or software used to reconstruct or analyse it.
- There is no theme and no restriction content-wise; it can be a raw, reconstructed, filtered or analysed image of any type of sample.
- Deadline for image submission is Monday 19 June 2023.
- The JCS cover guidelines on dimensions require a high-resolution file 23cm width by 24cm height, some cropping might occur in adapting the winning image.
- Submitted images should not have already been published elsewhere unless under a CC-BY license.
- Only images with colour blind accessible LUTs will be considered
Check out our previous winners below: